Bleu de Gex has a rating of 5.0 stars based on 2 reviews.
Bleu de Gex
Also called Bleu de Septmoncel or Bleu du Jura, Bleu de Gex is a semi-soft unpasteurised cow's milk cheese made since the 14th Century only in the Jura and Ain departments. It has enjoyed prestigious AOC status since 1977.
- Penicillium Roqueforti is added early on to the milk. It enhances the appearance of the bleu. After 7 days, needles are used to inject air (oxygen) into the cheese, which facilitates the growth of the Penicillium Roqueforti. It is then aged for at least 3 weeks in a controlled environment.
- Dense and creamy with a pale ivory colour and a marbling of very dark greenish-blue veins
- The aroma and flavour is relatively mild but quite definite in character; fruity and nutty. The taste is quite sharp and bitter, but not overpowering
- Ingredients: whole cow's milk
- Size: 250g, 500g, 1kg approximate weight. Cut on order. If you require a different weight, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard UK delivery from £3.50
We Also Recommend