Chabichou du Poitou AOC - 150g
Chabichou du Poitou is one of the oldest French cheeses. It won Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée (AOC) in 1990, guaranteeing the authenticity of its origin.
- The size of a wine tumbler, Chabichou has a crinkly skin and a dense, chalky paste that melts in the mouth
- Delicious and firm, with a lingering, tangy finish, Chabichou pairs beautifully with Sauvignon Blanc, Pouilly-Fumé, Sancerre and Muscadet from the region
- Ingredients: whole goat’s milk,salt, lactic ferments, animal rennet
- Size: 150g
- Dating back to the 8th century, this cheese is a legacy from the Saracens, people of Arabic descent, who left behind their goats, and the expertise for making goat cheese.
- The name Chabichou is derived from the Arabic word for goat, 'cheblis'
Serving Size 100g:
We Also Recommend