Caviar Grand Cru
Caviar Grand Cru
Sturia is the flagship brand of Sturgeon, the leading French caviar producer. The Company was set up near Bordeaux 20 years ago and has pioneered sturgeon farming in France. It produces around 12 tonnes of caviar a year, which is sold all over the world. Sturgeon is thus promoting French gastronomy’s international influence
- Oscietre Grand Cru caviar is an exceptional caviar. Its luminous roes are so remarkable that we have used them to make a selection for the greatest connoisseurs. It condenses the sensuality of our exclusive Oscietre caviar with the rarest firmness and colour found in caviars range
- Tasting: Tasting Oscietre Grand Cru is a unique moment, reserved for the privileged few. Its subtlety calls for both the great simplicity and ceremony of tasting with a spoon, accompanied by a grand cru Champagne... and complex pairing with the subtlest dishes
- Species: Acipenser Gueldenstaedtii
- Storage: Keep between 0°C and +4°C
- Ingredients: Sturgeon eggs, salt, preservative: E 285
- A small amount of caviar is an easy way to treat yourself. Even if there are two of you, a 15g tin is enough for your first spoon tasting of caviar, served with a glass of champagne. A 30g tin is a small appetizer for 4 people, while a 50g tin is a more generous appetizer. Of course, large gram weights always make a greater impression on special occasions!
- Size: 30g, 50g, 100g, 250g. Packed in vacuum sealed metallic tins
- Caviar d'Aquitaine
- Delivery in Europe only
- Serve Caviar with our Mother of Pearl Spoon in our beautiful Frosted Caviar Service
A superior product, achieved using traditional know-how and specialist skills.
- Sturgeon Farming is a very long, painstaking process. After obtaining fry from the best spawners, the producer must wait 3 years before ultrasound techniques can be used to determine the sturgeons’ sex. Females are then farmed in ponds for approximately 8 years until they reach maturity.
- Further ultrasounds and a biopsy (to taste the caviar and check its quality) help to decide when to fish the sturgeon. Caviar is a seasonal product and sturgeon are fished between September and March
- An 8-year-old female sturgeon weighs about ten kilos and yields approximately 10% of her weight in caviar
- The caviar is made using traditional expertise: the grains are carefully hand-sieved, washed in clean water, mixed with salt and tinned – nothing more! The caviar is then matured naturally in maturation rooms
- This traditional expertise releases all of caviar's balanced, hazelnut flavours. The crunchy eggs are lightly salted using the Malossol method, which brings out their unrivalled flavour and length on the palate.