Jasmine Loose Leaf Tea Canister
Jasmine Loose Leaf Tea Canister - Green Tea
High quality blends in loose tea form. We recommend loose tea for brewing pots intended for more than one or two servings. Each canister makes approximately 35-50 delicious cup
- Flavour: Rare and exceptional Yin Hao green tea is married with intoxicatingly fragrant jasmine tea blossoms. The scenting of the tea is a meticulous process taking several days, resulting in an exquisite cup of sublime, sweet flavour
- Ingredients: Organic green tea, organic jasmine flowers
- Steep for 2-4 minutes, 175°F. For loose leaf iced teas, use 2 tsp per 225g glass
- 35-50 servings per canister
- Size: 100g Canister
- Tea Forté Jasmine green tea is recognized as one of the finest examples in the world. To be given this definitive recognition our jasmine tea is naturally scented using only fresh blooming jasmine blossoms for a soft jasmine aroma and taste that never overpowers the quality of the leaf.
- Scenting green tea with Jasmine flowers is a centuries old practice requiring an astonishing amount of skill, time and craftsmanship. For only a few months in the summer, Chinese tea growers are able to create this delicate and complex tea.
- The jasmine flower buds are hand-plucked in the early afternoon, when the sun is out and the dew has evaporated. The pickers carefully select only those buds set to bloom that same evening. Rapidly harvesting thousands of tiny buds that are perfectly poised to bloom is a feat of remarkable dexterity and concentration. The exquisite jasmine flowers are then stored in a dry place until evening when they are placed into basket trays and layered over tea leaves. The blossoms open in the cool night air, releasing their intoxicating flavor, scenting the tea. This is usually done in a closed room and it takes four hours for the tea to absorb the fragrance and distinctive flavor of the fragile jasmine blossoms.
- The quality of jasmine tea is determined by the quality of green tea used as its base and the effectiveness of the scenting. Higher-grade teas require that the scenting process be repeated as many as seven times.
- Tea Forté uses the highest quality organic green tea that is married as many as seven times with a new batch of fresh flowers each time. Scenting 200 pounds of tea can take 600 pounds of flower blossoms.
We Also Recommend
Jasmine Loose Leaf Tea Canister has a rating of stars based on reviews.