Baerii Caviar - Classic
Baerii Caviar - Classic
Experience the luxurious flavour of Baerii Caviar Classic. Every pearl is known for its unique, fresh, and full-bodied flavour, perfect for any occasion. Premium, delicate, creamy, and savory, Baerii Caviar Classic is truly a culinary delight
- Baerii Classic Caviar is a caviar with a soft texture and well-balanced flavours, produced in the purest tradition. Its iodized and powerful taste offers an impressive length on the palate.
- Tasting: The delicious Sturia flavours work perfectly on toast, or use in cooking
- Species: Acipenser Baerii
- A small amount of caviar is an easy way to treat yourself. Even if there are two of you, a 15g tin is enough for a tasting of caviar, served with a glass of champagne. A 30g tin is a small appetizer for 4 people, while a 50g tin is a more generous appetizer. Of course, larger gram weights always make a greater impression on special occasions!
Sturia is the flagship brand of Sturgeon, the leading French caviar producer from Aquitaine. The company was established near Bordeaux 20 years ago and has pioneered sturgeon farming in France. It produces around 12 tonnes of caviar a year, which is sold all over the world. Sturgeon is thus promoting French gastronomy’s international influence
- Storage: Keep between 0°C and +4°C
- Ingredients: Sturgeon eggs, salt, preservative: E 285
- Size: 30g, 125g. Packed in vacuum-sealed metallic tins
- Delivery in Europe only
- Serve Caviar with our Mother of Pearl Spoon in our beautiful Frosted Caviar Service
A superior product, achieved using traditional know-how and specialist skills.
- Sturgeon Farming is a very long, painstaking process. After obtaining fry from the best spawners, the producer must wait 3 years before ultrasound techniques can be used to determine the sturgeons’ sex. Females are then farmed in ponds for approximately 8 years until they reach maturity.
- Further ultrasounds and a biopsy (to taste the caviar and check its quality) help to decide when to fish the sturgeon. Caviar is a seasonal product and sturgeon are fished between September and March
- An 8-year-old female sturgeon weighs about ten kilos and yields approximately 10% of her weight in caviar
- The caviar is made using traditional expertise: the grains are carefully hand-sieved, washed in clean water, mixed with salt and tinned – nothing more! The caviar is then matured naturally in maturation rooms
- This traditional expertise releases all of caviar's balanced, hazelnut flavours. The crunchy eggs are lightly salted using the Malossol method, which brings out their unrivalled flavour and length on the palate.