Bar Le Duc White, Red and Pink Currant Jams - 100g with 1 Red Currant Candle
Bar Le Duc White, Red and Pink Currant Jam with 1 Red Currant Candle. The "caviar" of the jam world! For six hundred years white and redcurrants have been seeded using a feather quill to make this jam unique in the world
- Amber, ruby red or pink, these sweet "caviars" are best savoured by the spoonful. Also perfect with game and foie gras. You can spice up sauces to accompany meat and fish dishes or with a vanilla ice cream sprinkled with flaked almonds. Simply gorgeous!
- The Candle, 100% artisanal, is made of natural soy wax with full-bodied aroma of Red Currant
- One look at this ‘jewel encased in a glass goblet' is enough to make anyone's mouth water and it will come as no surprise that such a lovely, magical product has an equally fascinating history
- For many hundreds of years the town of Bar-le-Duc has been world famous for its white and redcurrant jams made with currants hand seeded with a feather quill. Since 1344 nothing has changed in the way the fruit is carefully and patiently prepared by the ladies locally known as "épépineuses" (seeders)
- Size: Box of 1 jar each 100g with 1 Red Currant Candle
We Also Recommend